Saturday, January 09, 2010

An auspicious first week

And there goes the first week of 2010! What might the events foretell about the new year?

Well, I did make a remarkable effort to stick to my New Year's resolution of scaling back a few bad habits. With the help of other bad habits, like pastries and pizza.

Jobs dropped again in December, spawning another round of irony-free debates about what letter of the alphabet will best describe the shape of the economic recovery. Will it be a V, a W? A writer for the economist recently went so far as to say that no letter will suffice, and in fact the recovery will take the shape of a reverse square root sign!

This week I managed to rewatch the first six episodes of Glee. Now if this is any sign of what's to come, I'll have watched every episode of the first season 26 times by 2011. It's also a sign that I'm going to be really, really happy.

Oh, I almost forgot, I learned how to play "Mexican Train." And since there was the usual talk of how the game probably has racist origins, I thought I'd google it. Besides a boring copyright origin and a bunch of people saying "probably racist origins," there wasn't much out there. Whatever you do, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT read the definition at urban dictionary.

So Happy New Year!

No comments: